Leslie W. Ehret
Phone: (504) 599-8203
Fax: (504) 599-8263
Email: Leslie W. Ehret
Labor & Employment
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
SEMINARS / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Best Lawyers in America, Litigation- Labor & Employment, 2014-2018
New Orleans City Business 'Ones to Watch in Law', April 2014
National Diversity Council's Louisiana Glass Ceiling Award, 2013
Louisiana Super Lawyer 2007, 2008, 2013
Leadership in Law, Top 50 Attorneys in New Orleans, 2008
Leslie Ehret is a partner in the firm's Labor & Employment Practice Area. She works with companies of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to small, privately held companies.
She has extensive experience litigating all types of employment claims in federal and state courts on behalf of employers, including:
o Wage and hour regulations
o Employment agreements and executive compensation
o Defamation and other employment torts
o Workers' compensation
o Class actions
In addition to defending employers in litigation, Ms. Ehret counsels employers regarding day-to-day employment matters, conducts investigations of internal complaints and advises companies on employment policies and procedures. She conducts training sessions for managers and supervisors on myriad workplace issues including:
o Supervisory Training: The Basics
o Prevention of Sexual and Other Forms or Harassment
o Documentation: Why? When? How?
o What You Don't Know Might Hurt You: Sage Advise for Managers & Supervisors
o Top Ten Wage and Hour Mistakes
o Hiring Mr. Right and Firing Ms. Wrong
o Theft, Lies and Videotope:Protecting Your Organization From Employee Fraud
Ms. Ehret is active in community affairs. She is a volunteer with numerous charities and fundraising initiatives in New Orleans, including The New Orleans Charter Schools Foundation, Children's Hospital, Touro Infirmary, and she serves on the Board of HeartGift Louisiana.
- Trial attorney in race discrimination case proposed as class action in which class certification was defeated
- Lead attorney in seminal case regarding H2-B visa workers
- Represented chairman of large organization in sexual harassment case which was resolved in favor of the client
- Advised national company in corporate reorganization and downsizing
- Advised several Louisiana companies in right - sizing after Hurricane Katrina
- Trial attorney in race and gender case proposed as class action in which class certification was defeated.
- Advises companies on labor and employment issues related to acquisitions and mergers.
'What you don't know might hurt you'